Permanent Residence (“Green Card”) via International Manager and Executive Category
Requirements of foreign company and foreign individual:
• Individual must have at least 1 year of prior employment with foreign company during the last 3 years or since entry.
• Such employment must have been in a managerial or executive role.
• Foreign company must be a parent, subsidiary, affiliate or joint venture of a US company.
• Foreign company must continue to provide goods and services abroad throughout the period of transfer.
• Individual must be “coming” (it is o.k. if s/he is already here) to perform in a managerial or executive role in the US company.
• US company must have pre-existing business history or, if a start-up, a solid business plan.
• US company must have been in business for at least one year at the time of application for permanent residence.
• US company must demonstrate the ability to pay the wages of the foreign individual.
• Foreign employer establishes US subsidiary, affiliate or joint venture.
• New US company applies for temporary transfer of foreign employee and family to US operation.
• After one year as temporary transferee, application for permanent residence is submitted.